Get Your Own Turtlebot
TurtleBot is built using off-the-shelf, low-cost hardware components that you can purchase individually or as a complete kit. The complete kit includes an iRobot Create, Microsoft XBOX Kinect, Asus 1215N netbook, and gyro. Assembling the kit is quick and easy using a single allen wrench (included in the kit).
There are a couple kits avaliable to create a Turtlebot.
Build From Scratch
You can build a Turtlebot from scratch by purchasing all of the parts and following the documentation.
Download TurtleBot Documentation
Checkout TurtleBot Mods on Make Projects
A Mobile Base and Power Board
- iRobot Create
- 3000 mAh Ni-MH Battery Pack
- 150 degrees/second Single Axis Gyro
- 12V 1.5Amp Software Enabled Power Supply (for powering the Kinect)
B 3D Sensor
- Microsoft Kinect
- Kinect Power Board Adapter Cable
C Computing :: ASUS 1215N
- Processors :: Intel® Atom™ D525 Dual Core Processor
- Memory :: 2 GB
- Graphics :: NVIDIA® ION™ Discrete Graphics Processor
- Internal Hard Drive :: 250 GB
D TurtleBot Hardware
- Kinect Mounting Hardware
- TurtleBot Structure
- TurtleBot Module Plate with 1 inch Spacing Hole Pattern